Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers various distances learning Courses in diplomas, undergraduate, postgraduate diplomas and postgraduate distance learning streams for its more than 4 million candidates. It is the largest people University in the world who offer 256 IGNOU Courses. IGNOU has 21 schools through which programs are administered at different levels. It has a network of 67 regional centres, 2667 study centres and 29 abroad centres in 15 countries. The main benefit of implementing for IGNOU courses is that it provides fruitful careers and the most popular IGNOU courses. Provides access to higher education to all segments of the society and Promote, coordinate and improve the standards of education extended through open and distance learning in the country.
HOW MANY IGNOU COURSES ARE THERE
- IGNOU UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE
- IGNOU POSTGRADUATE DEGREE
- M.PHIL DEGREE
- DOCTORAL DEGREE
- POSTGRADUATE AND ADVANCED CERTIFICATE
- POSTGRADUATE ADVANCED DIPLOMA
- NON CREDIT PROGRAMMES
- POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA
- ONLINE PROGRAMMES
- APPRECIATION PROGRAMMES
IGNOU COURSES ELIGIBILTY CRITERIA
- Bachelors Programs: Candidates must have qualified 10+2 examination or equivalent from an identified university.
- Masters Programs: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree from a distinguished University. Students who have passed graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% marks will be eligible to apply.
- The reserved category candidates shall be relaxed with 5% marks i.e. 45% marks required for SC/ST candidates.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR IGNOU COURSES
- Go to the official website of IGNOU
- Open the link and click on the “Applicant Login” tab.
- Now, click on ‘Log in’ tab (an old student) else clicks on ‘Register Yourself’ (new user).
- Fill all the blank fields for registration and submit.
- The system will send the user ID and password on the candidate’s registered email ID.
- Now login to your account to fill the application form.
- Fill all the details correctly like your personal, contact and educational details.
- Click on ‘Upload’ button to upload the scanned images of candidate and signature (less than 100 KB), Passport Size Photograph (Less than 100 kb), Age Proof, Signature (Less than 100 kb), Educational Qualification Proof (Less than 400 kb), Education Documents (Less than 400 kb), Experience Certificate (Less than 400 kb), Category Certificate (Less than 400 kb), BPL Certificate (Less than 400 kb)
- Now, choose the payment mode to pay the application fee online.
- Print application form and payment receipt
WHEN SHOULD CANDIDATES APPLY FOR IGNOU COURSES
IGNOU has started the online application process for admission to courses offered in the January 2019 session. Students will be able to apply for fresh admissions to all Master, Bachelor, Diploma and Certificate programs till December 2019. IGNOU is the largest Open University in India and offers students a chance to pursue courses through distance mode.
IGNOU conducts two sessions in a year first is January session, in this session, Candidate can take admission from September & October from examination (which is held in December for January session).
Second is the July session on this session candidate can take admission from March & April three or two months from examination (which is held in June for July session).
It’s an advantage to have two sessions in a year which can help you to give examination easily. One who has back in his/her status can give exam in both sessions without giving assignments and it’s a time-saving method. The students are at freedom to appear any of the examinations conducted by the IGNOU during the year subject to completing the minimum time frame and other customs prescribed for the program.
If a student wants to take admission in IGNOU so he/she can get easily enrolled himself/herself in their suitable course.
IT IS POSSIBLE TO STUDY TWO COURSES FROM IGNOU SIMULTANEOUSLY?
In IGNOU you can choose one degree and one certificate program at the same time. According to UGC guidelines, there is no such type of space to do two degrees simultaneously that is illegal, IGNOU does allow one certificate program and one-degree program simultaneously but Not two-degree programs. UGC says how it is possible that one person can be at two places at the same time. So two-degree simultaneously not valid. Candidate can pursue a 6-month certificate course with any other diploma/degree course that student is currently pursuing. Candidate cannot pursue 2 degrees or 2 diplomas simultaneously.
DOES IGNOU OFFER A DEGREE IN REGULAR MODE?
IGNOU does provide a degree in regular mode but only from its New Delhi campus for science subjects like MSc in Chemistry etc. because These courses include theory educations, practical works and various projects works according to the condition of the course, and the only class as close as you can get in a regular mode are those Saturday and Sunday sessions. However, for some science and higher degree practical’s classes are regular on specific days and are mandatory. IGNOU offers weekends classes, But the students do not need to attend them if they are not able to come, to take classes. The primary difference between regular mode and distance mode is the way to teach, Regular mode has classes, compulsory 75% attendance, While in IGNOU classes are administered only for the benefits of students. If you need any help regarding your course. You can ask your concern subject teacher at the study centre.
Now you are provided with all the information regarding IGNOU Courses. We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you have any doubt, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.