IGNOU Distance Courses is the source learning of students who may not regularly be physically present at a college or institution. IGNOU Distance Course is equal to a degree taken from an accredited university in India. The student is eligible to apply for government jobs with their IGNOU Distance Course degree. the government cannot deny a student an opportunity when he/she have passed from a government institution. Obtaining a certificate on fulfilment of any IGNOU Distance course has its value and unquestionably is recognised across the whole world.
WHEN TO APPLY FOR IGNOU DISTANCE COURSES
IGNOU Offers “twice the year admission” to its Programmes. Students can get their admission application forms at the Regional Centre, Study Centre and Headquarters. students can also download the Prospectus and application forms from the official website of IGNOU and can submit the same at the respective Regional Centres either through the Post. Application forms can be submitted online and programme fee can be paid online through Credit card net banking and Debit Cards.
Cut off dates for walk-in-admission for July Session
1. Up to 30th April – Late Fee: Nil
2. 1st May to 31st May – Late Fee: Rs. 200.00
Cut off dates for walk-in-admission for January Session
1. Up to 31st October – Late Fee: Nil
2. 1st November to 30th November – Late Fee: Rs. 200.00
STEPS FOR ADMISSION IN IGNOU DISTANCE COURSES
Candidates can fill the application form of IGNOU Distance Courses in both offline and online mode. To be eligible for a respective Distance course, candidates need graduation or need a student to have finished their 10+2, Candidates can apply for IGNOU Distance Courses by following the below-given steps:
- -Candidates must register themselves first by generating a username and password. Click on “Register Yourself” that arises in the candidate login area and fill the required registration details/information.
2. Login and Fill the form.
-Login to the website and fill the necessary pieces of information. Click the “Log in” button from the homepage of Online Entrance Test and then login with student’s username and password by clicking the “Log in” button given on the login screen.
3. Uploading Documents.
– Upload scanned document of Photograph, signature, Age Proof, Educational Qualification and Category/Caste Certificate (ST/SC/OBC/GEN).
– After uploading the scanned documents, candidates can view application form from the “preview” option.
5. Fee Submission.
– Candidates can pay the fee through debit card, credit card, net banking.
Candidates seeking to take admission in IGNOU Distance Courses can apply through the IGNOU Online admission portal within the designated time or they can also apply for IGNOU Distance Courses offered by IGNOU before within the designated time through the IGNOU re-registration portal.
POSITIVE POINTS OF PURSUING IGNOU DISTANCE COURSES
- Economical- IGNOU Distance Courses are pretty reasonable as oppose to traditional college degrees.
- No Age Limit – In IGNOU Distance Courses there is no age limit. Candidates can satisfy the desire to pursue their dream.
- Versatility – By choosing IGNOU Distance Courses, Students have the chance to make their time table to study according to their convenience. Students have no time limitation of day or night. Whenever they are free and have time, they can study. The Distance Education Courses is absolutely a great option for those who are running their work and family together.
- Career Advancement– If Student is opting for the IGNOU Distance Course while working then students would be able to support their family without any financial concerns. Students resume will display no break and they will be able to accomplish their educational growth.
- Vast Variety of Programs – IGNOU have a wide variety of courses available, students have the freedom to select by their preference.
- Time-saving– IGNOU Distance Course, Students do not have to travel daily. This will save their precious time and money. Most maximum of the reputed Distance Learning providers grants classroom teaching on weekends.
- Connection – If the student is registering in an Online Learning program then they will be able to form a broader range of associations.
- No Geographical Limits – Due to tremendous success in Distance Education Course. IGNOU is distinguished as one of the best universities for offering distance learning courses. There is an enormous amount of students who are residing in remote areas or secluded places. They can seek their education by enrolling themselves in IGNOU Distance course.
DOES STUDENT CAN TAKE TWO DISTANCE DEGREE SIMULTANEOUSLY?
Students are permitted to pursue only a Distance course along with a programme of one year or longer. Though, the IGNOU will not make any alterations if the dates of examination or counselling of both the subjects differ with each other. According to UGC guidelines, there is no such type of space to do two degrees simultaneously that is illegal, IGNOU does allow one certificate program and one-degree program simultaneously but Not two-degree programs. UGC says how it is possible that one person can be at two places at the same time. So two-degree simultaneously not valid. Candidate can pursue a 6-month certificate course with any other diploma/degree course that student is currently pursuing. Candidate cannot pursue 2 degrees or 2 diplomas simultaneously.
Now you are provided with all the information regarding IGNOU distance Courses. We hope the aforementioned article helps you. If you have any doubt, drop your queries below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.